Project Design Team Wednesday~Super Simple Rag Quilt
Posted by administrator on Wednesday, October 10th, 2012
Hi Riley Blake readers!!Tatertots & Jello. I am learning so much being a member of the Riley Blake Design Team. My sister had a baby this summer and I was so exited to make her a quilt for her baby shower. I had never made a quilt on my own before, luckily my mom agreed to help me - thanks mom!! For this quilt we used the beautiful Riley Blake Verona, Daisy Cottage and Emily Taylorfabrics.
Here's how we made this simple quilt:
- First we cut the front, back and batting into 8" squares.
- Then we stitched each quilt square with the three layers together using an X stitch from corner to corner.
- Next we decided where we wanted the squares placed on the quilt. If you have a design wall you could use it to place the squares and visualize the quilt.
- Then we sewed the squares together by rows with all the seams on the same (front) side. (Back side is all white minke and other fabrics.)
- Last of all, we cut every seam about 1/4" in all along each seam so cuts are about 1/2" apart -- but don't cut into the seam that holds the squares together! This part is time consuming so plan on it.
- After it has all been cut, in order for it to fray, it must be washed and dried.
It was so much fun to see my sister's face when she unwrapped the quilt.
And I love how beautiful it looks in her baby's nursery!! And, here's a picture of her sweet little girl -- isn't she cute?
Thanks for letting me stop by and share my project with you!!