Riley Blake designs Mystery block of the Month starts today!

Posted by Cindy on Monday, January 14th, 2013

Jina and I are so excited to share our first block of our Mystery Quilt!

Join us this year in making 9 unique blocks that reflect

"Things we love"

Watch our video for assembly instructions, fabric and cutting requirements are listed below:

Chevron Block measurements:

Unfinished Block Size: 12 ½” x 12 ½”

Fabric Requirements:

1 strip 3” from fabric 1

1 strip 3” from fabric 2

1 strip 3” from fabric 3

Cutting Requirements:

12 squares 3” x 3” from fabric 1

12 squares 3” x 3” from fabric 2

12 squares 3” x 3” from fabric 3

We can't wait to see your Chevron block!

Categories:

Comments

1. Where will we find the fabric requirements needed for the top of this quilt?
    by Marci
    January 14th, 2013 at 5:12 p.m.
  2. Love the chevron block ... can't wait to see what comes next. Do you have recommendations for the number of colors and yardage recommendations for entire quilt? I don't want to run short. Thanks, I so enjoy your videos!
    by Peggy
    January 14th, 2013 at 5:37 p.m.
  3. Are there printable instructions available or just the video? Thanks!
    by Heidi
    January 15th, 2013 at 8:07 a.m.
  4. Just watched 10, that is right TEN, of your wonderful video tuts! Am excited to join the monthly mystery block crew.
    by Karee
    January 15th, 2013 at 1:49 p.m.
  5. I can't quite understand what they're saying... When two HSTs are put together the first time, what does she do to make sure the points are seen?
    by Sabrina
    January 15th, 2013 at 4:48 p.m.
  6. Hi Sabrina, email your questions about this quilt block to cindy@rileyblakedesigns.com. We want to help.
    by Cindy
    January 15th, 2013 at 7:13 p.m.
  7. Is it possible to get printed instructions? Will be a fun Mystery BOM! Thanks!
    by Jana
    January 15th, 2013 at 7:19 p.m.
  8. Yay! I love Chevron patterns. Thank you so much! Can't wait for the next one!
    by Angie Walters
    January 16th, 2013 at 8:34 a.m.
  9. Can you make a whole chevron quilt out of this block? If so how would you do that?
    by Megan M
    January 17th, 2013 at 11:08 a.m.
  10. I would like to see a picture of the finished block that can be printed off so I can see how the block goes together. Looks like fun. Love Riley Black fabrics
    by Kay
    January 17th, 2013 at 1:14 p.m.
  11. How much fabric do we need for the entire mystery quilt top?
    by Tabitha
    January 23rd, 2013 at 4:07 p.m.
  12. Is it still possible to get added to the Pinterest boards for this? I left a comment there, but haven't heard back. Apologies if it's too late to join. LOVE the blocks, they all look a-mazing!!!
    by Tangii Crain
    April 28th, 2013 at 10:58 p.m.
  13. Loved this Chevron tut sooooo I made my grandson's 2 Freedom Chevrons for their bunk beds. Wish I could post a pic in this comment but I can give you a link to see the major chevron cuteness I finished this week!http://fabricfulfillingitsdestiny.blogspot.com * We would love to see it Karee...post a picture for us on Face book.
    by Karee
    May 22nd, 2013 at 5:11 p.m.