Sew Fun Pincushion
Posted by administrator on Wednesday, January 2nd, 2013
Hi my name is Hany. I would like to share my pincushion tutorial. This is an easy one to make, but is so cute that you can give it as a present for a special occasion.
What you will need :
1 sheet of plain white fabric
1 sheet of print fabric
1 sheet of green blended felt
1 sheet of dark brown blended felt
dark green floss
dark brown floss
hot pink floss
2 hot pink buttons
1. Cut a piece of plain white fabric 4.50” x 3.50” and cut another piece of the print fabric with the same dimensions as the white one.
2. Make a branch of a tree out of your dark brown felt and 5 different sized leaves out of the green felt.
3. Position your branch and leaves on the white fabric and glue them. Write a sentiment on one corner (top left).
4. Stitch along the branch with dark brown floss and stitch along the leaves with dark green floss and also stitch along the sentiment with dark brown floss using running stitch.
5. This is how it looks when you are done stitching.
6. Attach your hot pink buttons by stitching them on the branch with hot pink floss.
7. Voila! You are getting there!
8. Put the 2 piece of fabrics (solid and print) together, wrong side to wrong side. Sew them along their edges.
9. Leave a little opening to insert your poly filling.
10.Fill it up with the poly filling.
11. Sewing is done.
12. Trim the edges around using a pair of scallop scissors.
13. Your pincushion is finished!